Every year in January I like to make a list of goals for the year. Things that I hope to do, to continue doing, and things that I hope will happen. A few years ago Scott encouraged me to start setting goals for myself. He showed me that if you don’t write them down, you won’t hold yourself to them… So here I go – My list for 2014!
1. Spend more time with cake.
2. Shower more often than I did in 2013.
3. Go less insane when people say “melk” in stead of milk, and pronounce caramel “carmle.”
4. Eat more macaroni and cheese at midnight.
5. Not leave one square of toilet paper on the roll and then blame Scott for not changing the it.
6. Eat all the vegetables in the fridge before they spoil.
7. Be a good birdie momma to Olive’s birdies.
8. Read and try recipes in ALL my recipe books.
9. Splurge on stone ground chocolate, deep dish pie plates, and the good bacon.
10. Not splurge on silly, dumb or trendy things.
11. Go to the library instead of Chapters.
12. Check my instagram less when I’m around other humans.
13. Read the chocolate chip cookie thing in its entirety and memorize it. There isn’t anything better than a perfect chocolate chip cookie.
14. Invite friends over for high tea, midnight supper, and snow picnics.
16. I guess I better launch my secret project if I’m going to vend it!
17. Eat more chickpeas.
18. Expand my egg repertoire.
19. Travel overseas with the fan.
20. Teach Olive how to integrate (calculus, people! It’s important).
Okay, so some won’t happen, but I’m sure Olive will pick up integrals really fast!
Olive says “I don’t even know how to count”!