Soup Addict: Carrot Ginger
One of my most favourite types of soup to make only uses two main ingredients. How hard can that be, right? Within an hour you can have a huge pot of carrot ginger soup simmering away, waiting for you to devour it as gracefully as humanly possible. I strongly believe that ginger was made to be carrot’s partner in crime. The flavour they create when combined together is indescribable. Its just that good! You can guarantee that when a pot of this orange puree is made, it doesn’t last long around here.
- 2.5lbs carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Place olive oil in a large sauce pan and hear. Chop onion and sauté in sauce pan until clean
- Chop carrots. Add chicken broth and carrots to the sauted onions.
- Bring to boil and simmer until soft.
- Blend all ingredients together until it reaches your desired thickness
- Garnish with cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
Olive says “This is almost as good as my carrot puree!”